- Mar 15, 2017
- CPF Firevision - Bravery and Sacrifice Honored
Tributes from Across California - Two California firefighters were recently honored, one for his part in a daring rescue, the other for having made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Mar 3, 2017
- In Memoriam: CPF 6th District Vice President Emeritus Bob Wolf
It is with a heavy heart that CAL FIRE Local 2881 has announced the passing of long-time Local 2881 President and CPF 6th District Vice President Emeritus Bob Wolf. Brother Wolf died suddenly last night in Arizona.
- Feb 24, 2017
- California Fire Service Leaders Propose Path Forward for Behavioral Health
Today, California Professional Firefighters President Lou Paulson and California Fire Chiefs Association President Mike DuRee released a joint statement, outlining a series of proposals the California fire service should take to address the issue of behavioral health.
- Sep 2, 2016
- Arsonist Who Murdered LA FF Again Up For Parole
An arsonist convicted of murder in the 1981 death of a Los Angeles City firefighter is up for parole and, once again, United Firefighters Local 112 is leading the fight to keep him behind bars.
- Aug 31, 2016
- Local 3605 Wins Fight Over Punitive Pay Give-Back Plan
Central Fire Santa Cruz Firefighters Local 3605 wins two-year contract fight over punitive retroactive "salary pay-back" proposal. The unprecedented pay give-back drew national scorn from union and non-union members alike.
- Aug 15, 2016
- SJ FF, CPF Highlighted in Investigative Report on Work Comp Denials
San Jose Fire Fighters member spotlighted in NBC Bay Area probe of seemingly routine denials of Work Comp coverage for on-the-job injuries. CPF President Lou Paulson: "There is no logical reason why they should not be treated for their injuries."
- May 4, 2015
- New York Times Video Sheds Light on Toxic Flame Retardants
The New York Times "Retro Report" delves into the risks caused by the more than 80,000 flame retardant chemicals in use today.
- Sep 30, 2014
- Gov. Signs CPF-Backed Toxic Flame Retardant Disclosure Law
In a move that could ultimately reduce firefighters' exposure to cancer-causing toxins, Gov. Jerry Brown has signed Senate Bill 1019. The CPF-sponsored legislation would require that furniture manufacturers disclose the use of toxic flame retardant chemicals linked to cancer and other illnesses.
- Aug 29, 2014
- Package of pro-firefighter legislation headed to governor’s desk
In the final days of the state’s legislative session, California Professional Firefighters (CPF) was able to notch several decisive victories in the Legislature.
- Oct 5, 2016
- Stand Down for the California Firefighters Memorial
The California fire service is asking all California firefighters and their families to honor our fallen on October 15th by participating — in person or online at the fire station — in the California Firefighters Memorial Ceremony.
- Oct 4, 2016
- CPF Firevision - California Firefighters Memorial Stand Down
On October 15th, at 11:30am, California fire service leaders are asking departments to stand down on-duty personnel to watch the California Firefighters Memorial online. Off-duty personnel are being urged to attend the Memorial in Sacramento.
- Sep 9, 2016
- CA Businesses Support Foundation During Firefighter Appreciation Month
Join the California Fire Foundation in marking September as Firefighter Appreciation Month. Businesses up and down the state representing for firefighters, and supporting the Foundation.
- Feb 7, 2017
- Santa Barbara Firefighters Local 525 Longboard Classic
WHO: Santa Barbara Firefighters, Local 525
WHAT: 11th Annual Longboard Classic
WHEN: February 17, 2017
WHERE: Santa Barbara Parks Dept, 402 E Ortega St, Santa Barbara, CA
- California Lutheran University Behavioral Health Symposium
WHO: California Lutheran University’s Graduate School of Psychology and the Oxnard Firefighter Foundation
WHAT: California Lutheran University Behavioral Health Symposium
WHEN: Friday, Feb. 10, 2017
WHERE: 4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93012
- Auto Club Spdwy.1st Responder Appreciation
WHO: Auto Club Speedway
WHAT: First Responder Appreciation Night
WHERE: Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, CA
WHEN: Sunday, March 26, 2017
- LA Dodgers Firefighter Appreciation Game
WHO: California Fire Foundation
WHAT: 4rd Annual LA Dodgers Firefighter Appreciation Game
WHERE: Dodger Stadium 1000 Elysian Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA
WHEN: Monday, June 5, 2016
- San Francisco Giants Firefighter Appreciation Game
WHO: California Fire Foundation
WHAT: 6th Annual San Francisco Giants Firefighter Appreciation Game
WHERE: AT&T Park, 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, CA
WHEN: Tuesday, June 27, 2017