- Jan 9, 2017
- CPF Firevision - New Year, New Laws
Firefighter Backed Bills Become Law - The dawning of 2017 brings several new laws impacting California's firefighters, including ways to recognize their fallen and protects their rights after on-the-job injuries.
- Dec 9, 2016
- CPF Firevision - Rock to Remember 2016
For the past five years, members of the San Ramon Valley Firefighters, Local 3546 have held their "Rock to Remember" benefit concert supporting the California Fire Foundation's Daniel A. Terry Scholarship program.
- Nov 16, 2016
- CPF Firevision - 2016 California Firefighters Memorial
Honoring Our Fallen -- On October 15, 2016, the names of 29 fallen heroes were added to the California Firefighters Memorial in a moving ceremony in Sacramento's Capitol Park.
- Sep 2, 2016
- Arsonist Who Murdered LA FF Again Up For Parole
An arsonist convicted of murder in the 1981 death of a Los Angeles City firefighter is up for parole and, once again, United Firefighters Local 112 is leading the fight to keep him behind bars.
- Aug 31, 2016
- Local 3605 Wins Fight Over Punitive Pay Give-Back Plan
Central Fire Santa Cruz Firefighters Local 3605 wins two-year contract fight over punitive retroactive "salary pay-back" proposal. The unprecedented pay give-back drew national scorn from union and non-union members alike.
- Aug 15, 2016
- SJ FF, CPF Highlighted in Investigative Report on Work Comp Denials
San Jose Fire Fighters member spotlighted in NBC Bay Area probe of seemingly routine denials of Work Comp coverage for on-the-job injuries. CPF President Lou Paulson: "There is no logical reason why they should not be treated for their injuries."
- May 4, 2015
- New York Times Video Sheds Light on Toxic Flame Retardants
The New York Times "Retro Report" delves into the risks caused by the more than 80,000 flame retardant chemicals in use today.
- Sep 30, 2014
- Gov. Signs CPF-Backed Toxic Flame Retardant Disclosure Law
In a move that could ultimately reduce firefighters' exposure to cancer-causing toxins, Gov. Jerry Brown has signed Senate Bill 1019. The CPF-sponsored legislation would require that furniture manufacturers disclose the use of toxic flame retardant chemicals linked to cancer and other illnesses.
- Aug 29, 2014
- Package of pro-firefighter legislation headed to governor’s desk
In the final days of the state’s legislative session, California Professional Firefighters (CPF) was able to notch several decisive victories in the Legislature.
- Oct 5, 2016
- Stand Down for the California Firefighters Memorial
The California fire service is asking all California firefighters and their families to honor our fallen on October 15th by participating — in person or online at the fire station — in the California Firefighters Memorial Ceremony.
- Oct 4, 2016
- CPF Firevision - California Firefighters Memorial Stand Down
On October 15th, at 11:30am, California fire service leaders are asking departments to stand down on-duty personnel to watch the California Firefighters Memorial online. Off-duty personnel are being urged to attend the Memorial in Sacramento.
- Sep 9, 2016
- CA Businesses Support Foundation During Firefighter Appreciation Month
Join the California Fire Foundation in marking September as Firefighter Appreciation Month. Businesses up and down the state representing for firefighters, and supporting the Foundation.
- California Lutheran University Behavioral Health Symposium
WHO: California Lutheran University’s Graduate School of Psychology and the Oxnard Firefighter Foundation
WHAT: California Lutheran University Behavioral Health Symposium
WHEN: Friday, Feb. 10, 2017
WHERE: 4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93012