One Voice ... One Vision
With a membership of more than 30,000, California Professional Firefighters (CPF) is the largest statewide organization dedicated exclusively to serving the needs of career firefighters. It is one of the nation’s strongest and most influential public employee organizations.
- Governmental Advocacy: CPF is the firefighter voice in Sacramento, working to build better health and safety, retirement benefits, local and state public safety funding and employee rights.
- Political Action: CPF is a visible force at all levels promoting candidates and causes that protect the well-being of public safety professionals.
- Communications: CPF publishes an award-winning newspaper, website and its own video news service, CPF Firevision, in addition to direct member communications. CPF also operates a full-service union print shop – Firefighters Print & Design.
- Member Services: CPF offers members personal exposure reporting (PER), retiree services (Callback Association) and extensive health and safety protection. CPF honors fallen firefighters through the California Fire Foundation, the California Firefighters Memorial and the California Firefighters Endowment.
- Partnerships: CPF co-sponsors the California Fire Fighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee (CFFJAC), and collaborates with labor and management on issues ranging from fire safety to pension protection.
The IAFF – Our National Voice
California Professional Firefighters is the officially chartered state council for the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), which represents more than 298,000 front line firefighters nationally. The partnership between IAFF and CPF was never closer than it was in 2005 and 2006. IAFF helped support CPF’s fight against the Special Election and pension grab, and IAFF General President Harold Schaitberger personally rallied the troops in support of CPF’s political endorsements.
Our Local Affiliates
California Professional Firefighters derives its strength from more than 175 local affiliates, representing some 30,000 front line firefighters and paramedics. CPF services are directed to members through the leadership of these local affiliates.