CPF Photo Contest
|Rick McClure won 1st Place for capturing this photo in 2012.|
Give Us Your Best Shot for 2016!
Now with four chances to win!
Firefighter on the job: $1,000
Fire Action: $1,000
Firefighters in the community: $1,000
Best video: $1,000
Every year, California Professional Firefighters takes a moment to celebrate the heroic images that honor the noble profession of firefighting.
This year, we're giving you four chances to win $1,000 by sharing your unique view of the fire service.
All entries must be submitted by February 28th to be eligible to win.
Please send your entries to:
EMAIL: Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
MAIL: Mail original photos to California Professional Firefighters, 1780 Creekside Oaks, Sacramento, CA 95833.
VIDEO SUBMISSIONS: Information coming soon.
1. Contest is open to all active/retired members of California Professional Firefighters (CPF), California Fire Photographers Association (CFPA), professional photographer associations and all "fire enthusiasts" based in California.
2. Entries will be judged on originality, technical quality, adherence to category and artistic merit.
3. Submissions may be either as digital images (preferred) a photo print, or HD video submission. Photocopies or laser-printed images are not eligible.
4. Digital photos must be high-resolution (at least 300 dpi).
5. Video submissions must be shot in HD and total run time cannot exceed two minutes. Video submission will be judged on the quality of footage captured.
6. Aside from basic exposure adjustments, photos may not be altered or enhanced.
7. Each entry submitted must include: Full name, email, home addresss, daytime phone number, fire department and local union or other affiliation.
8. Prints and CDs will be returned only if a self-addressed stamped envelope with correct postage is included with them. CPF is not responsible if photos are damaged or lost.
9. By entering the contest, you are giving CPF, and its affiliate organizations, the exclusive right to use the materials for its publications, political material and other official purposes. A credit line will not be given.
10. CPF, or its affiliate organizations, has the right to reproduce any and all entries in its publications and other materials.
11. All images and videos submitted must have been taken in California.