Public Safety Presumptions
The California state legislature has recognized the significant health hazards to all firefighters. The following laws have been implemented under the aggressive sponsorship and lobbying by CPF.
These laws are intended to protect the rights and benefits of firefighters who become ill as a result of occupational exposures to hazards and the daily stress of the job. The optimum protection for all firefighters is active participation in an individual wellness and fitness plan, regular medical check ups, the appropriate use of all personal protective equipment and on-scene safety precautions.
LABOR CODE SECTION (Workers' Compensation)
- Labor Code §3211.5 Presumption for Bio-Chemical Exposures
- Labor Code §3212. Heart, Hernia and, Pneumonia Presumption
- Labor Code §3212.1 Cancer Presumption
- Labor Code §3212.6 Tuberculosis Presumption
- Labor Code §3212.8 Blood-Borne Infectious Disease and Methicillin-Resistant Staphlococcus Aureus (MRSA) Presumption
- Labor Code §3212.85 Presumption for Bio-Chemical Exposures
- Labor Code §3212.9 Meningitis Presumption