Issues and Legislation
Here at CPF, we believe that California firefighters always deserve The Best. Whether it's providing the newest equipment technology, developing innovative training techniques, updates in health care/retirement services or even creating safer quidelines for a changing work environment, CPF continues to meet and exceed the personal and professional needs of our growing membership. This simple creed has guided a legacy of success achieved on behalf of California’s first responders.
CPF has been the industry leader in bringing firefighters not only better pay, benefits and working conditions, but also solidifies the vital protection of their basic rights as employees.
CLICK HERE to View the Current Status of our 2013 Sponsorship and Co-Sponsorship Bills. Check back often for updates as legislation important to California firefighters is introduced in the coming weeks.
Among CPF's signature legislative accomplishments:
- The nation's first firefighter cancer presumption law
- The fairest formula for establishing appropriate firefighter retirement benefits
- The California Firefighters Bill of Rights
- The most comprehensive protections for off-duty activity by first responders
- A sweeping standard for resolving labor disputes through binding arbitration
- A memorial to fallen firefighters that occupies hallowed ground at the California Capitol itself.