News and Events
- Aug 8, 2016
- CPF Firevision - Roseville Fire Kids Camp
Roseville Firefighters Local 1592 gives dozens of area children a summer camp they'll never forget - a chance for some hands-on experience learning what being a firefighter is all about.
- Jun 24, 2016
- CPF Firevision - Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment
Cal-OSHA announces draft of new statewide standards which will ensure safer, more up-to-date firefighter personal protective equipment. The new PPE standards were spurred by CPF-sponsored legislation.
- May 14, 2015
- CPF Firevision - Is California Ready?
With our drought-ravaged state facing the threat of a historic wildfire season, California’s emergency preparedness is front and center.
- May 4, 2015
- New York Times Video Sheds Light on Toxic Flame Retardants
The New York Times "Retro Report" delves into the risks caused by the more than 80,000 flame retardant chemicals in use today.
- Sep 30, 2014
- Gov. Signs CPF-Backed Toxic Flame Retardant Disclosure Law
In a move that could ultimately reduce firefighters' exposure to cancer-causing toxins, Gov. Jerry Brown has signed Senate Bill 1019. The CPF-sponsored legislation would require that furniture manufacturers disclose the use of toxic flame retardant chemicals linked to cancer and other illnesses.
- Aug 29, 2014
- Package of pro-firefighter legislation headed to governor’s desk
In the final days of the state’s legislative session, California Professional Firefighters (CPF) was able to notch several decisive victories in the Legislature.
- Oct 5, 2016
- Stand Down for the California Firefighters Memorial
The California fire service is asking all California firefighters and their families to honor our fallen on October 15th by participating — in person or online at the fire station — in the California Firefighters Memorial Ceremony.