Prop. 32: A Fight We Can't Afford to Lose
In 2012, firefighters and other workers are under attack … and everything is at risk!
This November, the big-money special interests will try to steal our voice so they can steal everything else. Their weapon: Proposition 32 -- the Special Exemptions Act.
Stop The Special Exemptions Act!
What it does
- Silences your voice. Bans voluntary dues deductions to keep firefighters from speaking out.
- Protects big money. Corporations don’t charge dues: They can still spend … and spend.
- Targets local politics. Redefines you as a “contractor”, so you can’t speak out in any election.
What’s at risk?
- Public safety. Firefighters fight for staffing, stations and safety. Lose your voice and the public loses.
- Negotiated contracts. Bargaining rights are under attack. Lose your voice, and you might not be able to negotiate anything.
- Presumption laws. Cities hate presumption laws. Lose your voice, and these laws are first on the hit list.
- Professional firefighting. Privateers want to bring low-wage, sub-standard firefighters here. Your job could be at risk.
Get The Facts and Stand Up for Your Future
Bookmark this page for the latest campaign updates, resources and information on how you can be a part of the fight for our future.
- November 13, 2012
- CPF Airs Post-Election "Thank You" Radio Spot
After one of the most expensive initiative campaigns in state history, California Professional Firefighters this week began airing a radio spot thanking voters for their trust and support in rejecting Proposition 32, the Special Exemptions Initiative.Read More
- AZ Yes on 32 Contributor Admits to Laundering Koch Cash
An Arizona-based "non-profit" that made a secret $11 million contribution to a Yes on Prop 32 committee has admitted to acting as an intermediary for a group connected to super rich oil magnates the Koch brothers.Read More
- October 31, 2012
- Don't Get Spooked Nov. 6 - Sign Up for NO on 32 GOTV
You can help avoid a scary trick that could hand California over to the wealthiest of the super rich. Sign up for No on 32 GOTV this weekend.Read More
- October 30, 2012
- CPF Firevision - CPF and IAFF On the Road Against 32
The stakes are high and every vote counts. That's why IAFF General President Harold Schaitberger was in California last week, joining CPF to urge firefighters to vote NO on Prop. 32. Watch highlights from the tour at www.cpffirevision.orgRead More
- October 29, 2012
- NO on 32 Ad: A Billionaire's Guide to California
Do billionaires & corporations know what's best for CA? We don't think so. Check out this video!Read More
- October 26, 2012
- CPFs Wrap 4-Day No on 32 Tour With IAFF General President
In the fight against Proposition 32, the stakes are high and every vote counts. That was the message delivered this week by IAFF General President Harold Schaitberger during a four-day, 14-stop tour of California fire stations and union halls.Read More
- October 19, 2012
- Sac Bee Editorial: Outside Bucks Seek to Swing Two Ballot Props
Supporters of Prop. 32 claim that it "cuts the money tie between special interests and politicians." It's a lie. And an $11 million donation from a shadowy Arizona nonprofit illustrates why.Read More
- October 17, 2012
- Out-of-State Mystery PAC Drops $11 Mil into Yes on 32
A shadowy Phoenix-based group called Americans for Responsible Leadership contributed $11 million to the Small Business Action Committee PAC. The group has received over $20 million in special interest money to pass Prop. 32 and defeat Prop. 30.Read More
- October 17, 2012
- 2012 Ballot Propositions
Because of the importance of Proposition 32, it is the only ballot measure CPF has taken a position on -- NO on 32. Labor-friendly recommendations on other propositions can be found through the California Labor Federation.Read More
- October 3, 2012
- L.A. Times: No on Proposition 32
The Los Angeles Times says Proposition 32 "is a deceptive measure that would disproportionately weaken some special interests while leaving others essentially unaffected."Read More